Project Manager Supply Chain EMEA
About us :
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with
more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions
that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and
mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global
technology leader in electrical components and systems for power
quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and
services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel,
hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and
truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for
performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000
employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Project Manager Supply Chain,
based in Vienna, Austria. The role will be primarily responsible for
managing scope, budget and duration and successful execution of SCM
process improvement and productivity projects will include
specific responsibility for monitoring project costs vs. budget and
reporting of variance, for monitoring and reporting schedule variance
responsible for ensuring sign-off on major systems deliverables by all
stakeholders. Adhere to departmental policies and procedures and
follows the process and documentation guidelines.
Reporting into the overall Manager for SCM Program Management, the
role will be responsible for:
- Managing specific projects that impact SCM, or leading SCM
projects deemed vital to drive improved productivity, service
improvement and / or general process improvement.
- Projects scope can range Indirect Materials, Services, Logistics
and Freight or be associated with the deployment of a new SCM process
- Ensuring process governance around project activity; utilizing the
appropriate use of PROLaunch disciplines and Project Management
- Manages and is accountable and responsible for the timely, on
budget delivery of a portfolio of projects
- Leads the initial project creation, conducts project risks
- Defines the project scope at a detailed level and breaks down
project-work into phases, planning timeline resources needed for each.
- Manages team resources associated with the project, including goal
setting and planning of performance / gate reviews.
- Assesses, tracks and advises those working on the projects of
status of project activities in a regular basis
- Coordinates resource allocation process within projects managed
- The position involves use of core project management skills
including Organizational Change Management, Communications Management,
Change Management Critical Path and Risk Management.
- The qualified candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills,
with the ability to facilitate analysis and issue resolution across
multiple systems and business groups.
- Supports coordination of portfolio of Projects within the wider
Projects Team, SCM functional leadership and associated parties
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or Business Management.
- Professional supply chain related certification(s) preferred.
- 5 years+ of professional experience; 3+ years in supply chain
- Industrial operations experience required with BU and/or corporate
- Experience in Program Management, especially utilizing systematic
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
necessary to converse with a diverse group of stakeholders including
senior management, engineers, operations and supply chain management
- Knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity
- Project management skills required
- Desktop analytics (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Leadership skills required, including managerial courage.
- Supply Chain optimization knowledge a plus
- Lean methodology and knowledge a plus
- English fluency is a must, German will be highly desirable
- vor 3 Jahren