Wöchentliche E-Mails zu Neuigkeiten, neuen Stellen und Bewertungen abonnieren
Bewertung für Accor

International, fun work environment

11. April 2013
I applied to the position at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, due to its reputation and the opportunity it presented regarding use of language and exposure to multiple cultures. I had never worked in the hotel industry and thus saw this as an opportunity to broaden my knowledge, experience and skill sets. After the opening, there were drastic changes made in the teams where in our department specifically the manager position was appointed to a young, fresh colleague, who was given a promotion to this position. This brought with it an innovative and open minded atmosphere and presented a shift in roles in the department. I like to think I adapt quickly to change and try to make the best out of any situation. In this case I slipped into an assistant/ motivational role, helping the new manager find his comfort zone and confidence as a leader. This to me, I realized, is a passion that I do naturally and with dedication, should it be in a private/ social situations or professionally. I try to see the potential in every individual and solve problems with an open mind.

The most difficult part of the position to me was the routine. I like to develop constantly and am eager to learn, thus a repetitive routine affects my motivation and stumps my potential to act creatively.
Bewertungen nach Kategorie
development
Ähnliche Bewertungen
21. Jänner 2016
Frühstückskraft (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) - Wien, W
normales arbeits tag,tolle koleginnen.tolle Führung.
genau wie eine große Familie.Kontakt mit viele Gäste

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) - Vienna
- Team Meeting
- Morning Meeting with the HODs

- In average 3-4 appointments by day

- Several internal 1:1 meetings with Sales, Events, Reservation, Guest Service and Revenue Management

- Participation at several Road Shows, Sales Trips etc.

- Preparation of reports

- Marketing and Communication activities

The team in Vienna is great, like a family with a big diversity of different nationalities and characters