Bewertungen für Alcon Labs

Alle 795 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.
Stressful but enjoyable. Great people
Global Unix Service Delivery Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX22. Jänner 2018
The culture / the people are fantastic.

The work can be demanding, and it is part of Novartis which is huge, so you have the overhead and delays that match a company of that size. However if you understand that is part of the way things work, and you treat everyone you work with as a "customer" and try to improve their situation ... it is a GREAT place to work.

The biggest issue I experienced again the size of the company and all the regulations so processes can be slow. But, they have good reasons to be slow and safe. They are producing products that people need and trust. I have nothing but good things to say.
Vorteile
Great people and good management
Nachteile
It is a huge company with all the overhead that come with its size.
Wonderful Atmosphere With 3 Specific Focus Points
US Commercial Human Resources Team Intern (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX22. Jänner 2018
Focus on Customers: Innovate and Improve Quality
Focus on Teammates: Collaborate and Prioritize Performance
Focus on Self: Be Courageous and Show Integrity
Beautiful Campus
Somewhat Isolated Part of Fort Worth
Challenging place to work
Exec Director Finance (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX21. Jänner 2018
Good people, great products but changing direction all of the time
Culture is changing
The parent company Novartis Switzerland put Alcon on sale, the transaction is planned for mid 2019
Nice people
Packer (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX19. Jänner 2018
I enjoyed it because the people were friendly and helpful. I met lots of new people and we were always busy which made time fly by. I would have love to remain a permanent employee.
Review
Warehouse Associate (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Houston, TX19. Jänner 2018
I work for Alcon from 2014 to 2015. I was working in the warehouse and our job as warehouse associate was to put parts together for doctors check them and send them. Some orders were local, other were international . I enjoyed the company I worked but there wasn't any carreer advancement that why I decided not to renew my contract.
Materials Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Irvine, CA16. Jänner 2018
Wish they wouldve hired me permanent. management was great. learned a lot. typical day at work pulling orders, and moving product around. fulfilling orders.
Arbeitskultur
helemaal niet goed voor te werken
japanlijn oogdruppels controleren (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Puurs16. Jänner 2018
had een volledig uurrooster gekregen maar als het er op aan kwam belde ze me de dag zelf of dag voordien voor te zeggen je moet niet komen we hebben te weinig klanten.
wagen van het bedrijf
Nachteile
geen werk en niet als ze geen werk hadden voor mij
Fun place to work in.
Assistant Director, Global Regulatory Affairs (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Irvine, CA12. Jänner 2018
Great company to work for but lack of career advancement opportunities. Will recommend the company for anyone one who wants to learn and work in a fast paced and highly competitive and industry-wide leader.
productive relaxed good peolpe
Senior Operator I (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Sinking Spring, PA10. Jänner 2018
it is a good place to work. Management is very nice and helpful learned how to make instruments to do eye surgery. the benefits are amazing. lots of PTO time.
Vorteile
benefits
Nachteile
no cons
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Compliance Analyst (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Springs, PA10. Jänner 2018
I learned so much of my quality education from Alcon. The manager I had at the time was great. The people there are great. It was privately owned and now it's publicly owned so it's not as great as it was when I worked there; however, many of the people I worked with still work there.
Vorteile
Great place to work; very clean
Really don't have any
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Not what it used to be...
Engineer II (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX8. Jänner 2018
Alcon continues to change as a company - sometimes that is good, other times not so good. It is very challenging when the company goes in different directions and reverses course on a previous strategy. The ownership change and new management of Alcon over the past several years has led to some uncertainty for the workers. The workplace culture has suffered and there is no loyalty which results in a lack of trust. Unfortunately, it is more about who you know rather than the quality of your work in some situations. The company used to be admired in the community, but now it has lost that prestige.
N/a
Test Technician IV (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Irvine, CA7. Jänner 2018
Great place to work, but does not have an opportunity to become a full time employee. There is no policy for opening any position. Friendly work environment and lots of new thing to learn.
I enjoyed working here.
Automation Engineering Contractor (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX3. Jänner 2018
18 month contract ended up being 3 years and overall I enjoyed it though stressful at times. The campus is very nice but the parking situation got worse and worse during my time there. Not sure how they can resolve it due to running out of space.
Alcon
Information Specialist, Network Administrator (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Irvine, CA3. Jänner 2018
Alcon is a good place to work. Every place have its up and downs but I like the people and the work and responsibilities I do for Alcon. I have been with them for 21 years.
Stable Company
Management can be indecisive
Arbeitskultur
Management is terrible, no job security
Sr Administrative Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX2. Jänner 2018
Always layoffs. They hire inexperienced people that play games. Clicky environment, management lies, threatens. Huge in stupid training that you dont need to do your job. Favoritism if you bid out on another job. Recruiters big on telling candidates other candidates are more qualified. Round table discussions regarding your raise where they involve people you do not work for. Raises unfair. Management has no problem telling you to just retire when you are not close to retirement age. Cut throat environment. Management could care less about lower waged employees. Stay away from the Sales organizations, that's the worst.
Close to home
Lacks job security
no direction
Senior Production Supervisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Nassau County, NY2. Jänner 2018
management changing direct reports score to improve bell curve. no policies for direct reports. fly by the seat of your pants. to many chiefs not enough Indians. its not about your work performance it's about a perception of what people think of you.
work life balance
no concrete direction
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Alcon Review
Toxicology Study Director, Preclinical Safety (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fort Worth, TX1. Jänner 2018
Alcon was a good company to work for as there were many opportunities for advancement and a scientifically challenging environment. Management was supportive if not a little over bearing at times.
Assembler Operator (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Houston, TX31. Dezember 2017
Alcon is a good company. I learned how to be stand and be fast at work. I Alcon we keep every where clean so that the product won't get contaminated..
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Alcon Surgical Huntington,WV
Extruder Mold Machine and Micro Drill operator (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Barboursville, WV31. Dezember 2017
I made and drilled the molds for production of a replacement lens for cataract patients. Working conditions where fast paced but required attention to detail in the part as well as the paperwork. The people I worked with I also was friends with outside of work. The hardest part of the job was knowing this had to be perfect since it was going in someone's eye. The plant was clean and new no maintenance issues.
Vorteile
Good pay for the time period, helping to make a product of this importance
Nachteile
Contracted thru Manpower for to long before you became a regular employee
Fast Paced/Fair Compensation/Expectations not clear
Planning Analyst (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Houston, TX29. Dezember 2017
- benefits are excellent; 401k is matched at 12% max
- 6-8 weeks paid maternity leave and paternity leave is available
- salary was competitive in my opinion
- workloads can be stressful and sometimes require support on weekends and weeknights
- Alcon is understaffed, fast-paced, and not a lot of time is spent on training/coaching so expect to be a self learner and an excellent problem solver from the day you're hired
- depending on your position, you may not have a healthy work life balance
- expectations, path to success, and evaluation criteria are not clearly outlined; thus promotions are based solely on management discretion and not based on objective evaluations
- the last two bullets are the biggest reasons why Alcon is losing talent and it's been ongoing for the past five years

Gesamtbewertung