Bewertung für DEICHMANN als Sales Assistant

35 Bewertungen stimmen mit dieser Suche überein. Alle 145 Bewertungen ansehen
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
Awful
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Harlow, Essex2. Februar 2020
Had a horrible experience working for this company, was a really catastrophic company to work for, no organisation and the other staff weren’t exactly helpful.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Rsther stick a corkscrew in my eyes.
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester3. November 2019
Dreadful place to work. Was brilliant in the beginning but after the catastrophe of managers, and the current manager, I'd swerve if I were you. No please, no thank you, nothing. You get treated like a 5 year old and talked to like garbage. So if you enjoy being treated like that then go for it. If not, avoid.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 10NeinMelden
Don't even bother.
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  South West29. Oktober 2019
Honestly, one of the worst places I've worked. Being a young adult the wage was extremely poor. The lowest I've ever been paid for my age actually. The days were very stressful and so much is demanded of you for that meagre wage. If you are young person I advise you do not work here. I was on a small hour contract and ended up working 6 to 7 days a week within the first month. Your life will be Deichmann with no room to negotiate, one reason being that everyone keeps on leaving because of this; so some stores seem to be incredibly low on staff. You are required to subsidise part of your uniform, which is mandatory to wear. So its just another way of the company trying to get more out of people. Not to mention the relentless pressure of targets given to you. being told to offer every customer a shoe care product when the product they're buying doesn't even need this, some staff even trying for a second or third time in one purchase trying to hard sell something the customer obviously doesn't want, making it embarrassing and awkward for everyone. You are also given training modules and booklets to complete outside of work, considering the wage I was on I was not happy about devoting all my time to Deichmann. 40+ hours a week when I was looking for a steady part time job. Coworkers are lovely and the lower management seems bearable. But like a lot of big businesses. There is no soul , and they treat their staff as dispensable and don't consider they have any life at all. I was told also that my thick strapped vest I was wearing on a 32 degree day was inappropriate when other members  mehr... of staff wore the same thing around me on much cooler days, with no mention of their uniform from management. Slightly discriminatory. But why? They also play the same music over and over again and the playlists are 40 minutes long, so if you are on an 8 hour shift you hear the same songs 9 times a day. I feel that is another way to degrade the moral of the staff. Along with running up and down stairs all day and 'multitasking' being one of their base rules of the job, along with upselling, of course. Studies have shown if someone tries to multitask the outcome is that they do both jobs worse. The opposite of productivity. Most of the job consists of running around and cleaning up after customers which literally wreck the shop. You are also required to try and stop shop lifters and even run after them in some instances which is just plain dangerous. And clearly they don't value the safety of their staff because they would hire a security guard if so. All in all, I would just say. If you are extremely desperate like I was. Do it. If not ,almost anything is better.  Weniger
friendly co workers
Nachteile
long hours, low pay, lots expected of you, monotonous repetitive tasks and everything else I mentioned
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 10NeinMelden
bad management
Shoe Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Wigan21. September 2019
the manager at the Wigan store is an awful person to work for has only been there for a few months and has already had three people walk out of their job because all she does is shout and bark orders at people. Has no mangement or people skills whatsoever. made one girl a key holder after
a few months while telling another who had been there over three years and doing it for no extra money that if she wanted to stay a key holder she to prove herself first absolutely disgusting.Wouldnt recommend working at the Wigan branch at all.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 9Nein 3Melden
Arbeitskultur
Okay job but a lot of pressure
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bedfordshire8. September 2019
Working here you will notice they care more about shoecare target rather than the employees and the shop itself etc. A LOT of pressure is applied when doing shoecare, of course everyone has their bad days but managers fail to understand that. When you don’t meet your specific target the manager can get annoyed and it makes you feel horrible, you give up very quickly. So not only are you feeling discouraged they are quiet understaffed which means you have to do a lot as well as taking care of shoecare target. A lot of the colleagues are very rude and selfish their focus was more on competition, impressing the manager by beating other employees. There was a lot of backchatting about each other not very professional. The store do offer staff discount which is 20% okay not really all that. I mean if you’re looking for a job desperately it’s okay to work here but you will struggle and required to do a lot. With breaks and being on time they are very strict but when it comes to completing your shift they don’t care about the time, if you’re 30 mins over do they care? No. Very little care for staffs I must say.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 15NeinMelden
4,0
Arbeitskultur
Good but lots of pressure
Sales Assistant (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Chesterfield20. August 2019
Good people to work for, however the company puts a lot of pressure on their employees requiring a 4.25% shoecare percentage from everybody everyday and if not met there is a lot of pressure.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 13NeinMelden
Excellent Company
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Plymouth, MS7. August 2019
A typical day at work involves being face to face with customers and selling along with add-ons, along with this there are many other things mostly VM and cleaning. The people you work with definitely make the job, so make sure you're in good company if you're wanting to stay on otherwise it can be stressful. There is a big amount of work to get done each day, especially when sales are on the horizon. Again brilliant company to work for.
Commission on Shoe Care Sold
Nachteile
Big work load, cover sickness
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 5Melden
Mixed Emotions
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Maidstone4. Juli 2019
I worked at Deichmann for 2 years under 2 different managers and had 2 totally different experiences!
In my experience with this company, if you have a good manager then you will enjoy your job and it will be rewarding.
Unfortunately I had a good manager at the beginning and then when she left my whole working life changed and I became really unhappy.
Certain Managers treat staff appallingly and seem to get away with it as long as they say the right things and brown nose the senior management.
Vorteile
Discount on Shoes and bags!
Nachteile
Not enough hours, bad managers
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 12NeinMelden
Ok for a temporary job
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Southend2. Juli 2019
At Deichmann it is a very hands on job. I spent most of my time talking to customers and making sure their expeareance with us was good making them want to come back.

I was always hitting targets with shoecare sales.

A big part of the job is putting stock away, but it seemed like the manager thought it was more important on where products where stored the good customer service. Which I massivley disagree with.

A lot of the time I was left on the shop floor alone in very busy periods, when I was on my prohibation period, meaning it was against company protocol to only have 1 person on the shop floor.
A lot of the time only 3 people was in a day meaning when there was deliveries, only 1 person was left on the shop floor.

The manager was very two faced, she would talk about everyone behind their backs and fired people for no good reason.

Overall, if you're interested in working here always been looking for other jobs as you would'nt want to work here for long.
Vorteile
Getting to meet new people
hourly rate, management
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 8NeinMelden
Worst job
Sales Assistant (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire1. Juli 2019
The work life balance is horrendous, I finished university and wanted a part time job yet I’m working every single day because the lack of staff and you’re walked all over so no time to see family or friends.

Whenever you ask for a day off it’s as if it was a crime and the management are very rude and make you feel as if you owe them something. They do not respect your contract and consider it “a guideline” not sure why they do no understand a contract.

The pay isn’t great and there is a constant need for shoe care and ask everyone, not everyone will buy it and when there’s a queue it loses customers when explaining every last detail.

The worst experience in a workplace is at Deichmann and I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Nachteile
Some of the non managerial staff are lovely
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 20NeinMelden
Target driven
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Chester, Cheshire27. Juni 2019
Work hard and no praise, all target driven if you don't hit targets you get more pressure applied to work harder, staff come and go like no tomorrow, manager doesn't seem to care about anything other than targets customers tend to be forgotten about, always asked to work extra at short notice but if you need time off at short notice it's like it's to hard to be covered lack of motivation with in the staff
What are these
Nachteile
Long hours of work or lack of hours, have to buy your own work shoes even tho it's uniform, no thanks given, targets targets targets
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 20NeinMelden
Pressure
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Chester23. Juni 2019
Pressure gets enough on top of staff, so much that even the manager doesn't care if you are good with customers or not.
No praise only reprimand if you dont hit target
Free uniform (t shirt)
Target targets targets
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 16Nein 1Melden
Not good anymore
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  North West5. Mai 2019
Used to be a good place to work but not anymore. Company is so obsessed with shoe care sales to the point staff are made to feel they are complete failures for not hitting target. No matter how hard working, reliable, and good with customers you are if you don't meet that shoe care target that is all you are judged on. Staff are feeling anxious all the while.It's not the store managers fault they are under the same pressure to sell shoe care it's the upper management. Seems like so many staff including store managers are leaving mainly due to the pressure of kpis plus the constant moving of stock plus reductions of payroll. No longer a pleasant company to work for.
Vorteile
Store manager and other sales assistants good
Nachteile
Head office managers expectations to high
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 23NeinMelden
5,0
nice air conditioning
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  London, Greater London8. September 2018
The place is very clean and tidy with air conditioning the manager and staff are friendly and relaxed and helpful. it very stress free in the store and the managers are calm
fine
Nachteile
good
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5Nein 16Melden
Fun
Sale Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  London, Greater London4. Juni 2018
It is a fun workplace but I wish we could get a better par for what we do.
Selling shoecare is not an easy target. Not everyone wants to buy sprays everyday. But it helps you improve your confidence and know yourself better...
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 18Nein 14Melden
Arbeitskultur
Bad
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Cardiff, Cardiff4. Juni 2018
Rubbish wage
No support
If you speak up against something that's clearly not right, you get judged .
Hardly no staff to cover holidays or sick days
Reliable staff are taking advantage of.
Avoid.
Above
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 28Nein 4Melden
Easygoing workplace
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bexleyheath13. Februar 2018
Typical day included dealing with customers, tidying the shop floor, working on delivery and working on the tills. Management was very easy going and always understandable.
discounted shoes
Low pay
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6Nein 10Melden
4,0
Fun place at times
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Kingston upon Hull31. Jänner 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Deichmann, I got on well with my colleagues and manager, only reason for leaving was because I wasn’t able to have more hours or step up to supervisor due to the positions being taken, would recommend.
Discount, fun colleagues
Minimum wage
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6Nein 8Melden
Arbeitskultur
Competitive and a hard environment
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  London, Greater London12. September 2017
During my day at work, I was treated unfairly by all managerial staff. Favouritism was a HUGE part of the Deichmann Company. I was persecuted for wanting to go to university and my hours were weak. My interactions with all staff, including District and Regional Managers were awful.
bad organisation
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 21Nein 4Melden
Arbeitskultur
good working environment but management lacked
Sales Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Taunton, Somerset30. Juni 2017
Working for Deichman was a challenging experience but a good one. The job itself was enjoyable, however the management wasn't very well organised. Rotas changed days before with little notice, you had to work every bank holiday.
good environment
little working beneifits
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 4Nein 1Melden
Registriertes Unternehmensprofil

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei DEICHMANN. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage