G4S

Standort
4 326 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser Suche
Alle 14 530 Bewertungen ansehen
Arbeitskultur
Employee need to be getting adequate salary to support themselves and family. Salary is poor. Management need to be more supportive of their employee.
Arbeitskultur
HR of this company is a bad joke, deeply disorganized and unprofessional.If anyone needs any job that’s the door to knock at, easy to get in easier to get out, it’s a high turn over company.
Easy to get in and out
No healthcare actually
Arbeitskultur
I got lucky that I work at a good site, if O was anywhere else with G4S I would not want to stay with the company. Coworkers are great and most supervisors are great but everybody above that level is cannot stick with decisions and breaks promises
Free Lunch
Arbeitskultur
The job is advertised as a 48 hour week on a 4 on, 4 off rota and there is a requirement to self cover. What is not explained very well to you at the interview is that you will be told what shifts you are to self cover (forced overtime) and that you'll end up working a 72 hour week. Also not mentioned is that there will be times where you could end up doing two 72 hour shifts in a row with two days break in between. Failure to do this will end in you being threatened with disciplinary action.Most of your duties involve standing on gates, patrolling the site and there can be a fair bit of driving in the patrol vehicle. Don't be surprised if you are required to do more jobs on this site and you'll not get paid anymore for doing it.
Vorteile
Work force (guards) are a good bunch to work with.
Nachteile
Self cover is just another name for force overtime (72 hour weeks), You will end up working long hours and not through choice, Manager is quite unapproachable
Arbeitskultur
Best company wish them all the best with their continued endeavors growing as a security organization.They are always prompt to promote and great filter environment
Pay
Very few
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
Arbeitskultur
It's fun and exciting to come to a site that you enjoy coming to. It's wonderful when you have a Supervisor that answers your questions without you feeling that whatever you ask, is a pain to answer.
Having a Superior Officer /Supervisor / Manager that cares and respects you
none that i know of
Arbeitskultur
Some positions give you the easiest work in your life (like mines). But easy work might often become boring work. It doesn’t challenge me or make my mind run, basically wasting my brain away performing the tasks that I need to do. As far as promotions, I have been shut down on promotion chances even though I have mentioned that I have an associates and bachelors degree. The only way to get promoted is to be ex law enforcement or ex military.
Vorteile
Take lunch when you want. No supervision. Easy work. Medical Benefits.
Nachteile
No career advancement unless ex law enforcement or military. Boring work.
Arbeitskultur
Job is easy to do and if you want to do OT there is plenty of ot to take. The prineville location is great but the overall company is terrible and doesnt take employees into account
Snacks
Arbeitskultur
Good company to work for with good benefits, could pay better but that is the only con i can think of. Depending on where you are posted. Sick days and paid vacation anually.
Arbeitskultur
I have a set schedule all the time specific days and hours I work never change. I believe that the hourly wage paid is fair for the job being done. No problems so far.
pay, schedule
no breaks
Arbeitskultur
The job isn’t difficult at all. The employees are mostly great. Management however and G4S as a whole is an awful company to work for. They do not care a about their employees only money.
Paid lunch
No breaks
Arbeitskultur
The management here is a joke. They left me without work for a month and had no urgency to find me work. During a global pandemic I risked my health everyday yet I was treated so unfairly. The Hartford, Ct branch just have arrogant management there.
The entire company
Arbeitskultur
To put it simply, they do Not care about you. Overtime is non-existent unless they are desperate or your coworkers drop don’t show up. No compensation for gas if/when you have to drive long distances to get to a site. If your supervisor/captain takes time off, good luck. HR is horrible with responding to you. Your best bet is to email them if you have questions. If someone new takes over making schedules, be prepared for Everything to go out of wack. They change the schedules completely, like they do not check past schedules to see how they were made. If you offer flexible hours, they will run you ragged when they get the chance. You have to hope you work with reliable people otherwise you Will be left pulling surprise double shifts because your coworkers just simply do not show up. There are no repercussions for it either, or if there are it takes Months of repeated behavior to get a slap on the wrist. Some sites have you working completely alone, which does not always feel safe. You get one week of paid vacation if you work at a site for a full year, but if you change sites at any time then it starts over to be careful of that. Awful hours and pay, just not worth it. This job is soul sucking.
Vorteile
Flexible shifts, occasional approved overtime for special contracts, time and a half pay for overtime/holidays
Nachteile
No gas compensation, no sick pay, pay is not worth the travel time/distance, poor management/HR
Arbeitskultur
The work locations are good but the company itself does not care about our safety or making sure we get the correct paycheck. Still waiting on money from a month ago that was promised to be on the FOLLOWING paycheck. We are forced to sit in the same room with Covid positive patients with little empathy of the situation. The director at my location cares more about impressing the big wigs of the hospital instead of his crew.
Nice uniforms
Nachteile
Paycheck always is wrong and they take their time to fix it
Arbeitskultur
worked for g4s for about 6 months now i still have not earned vacation days you have to wait a year for those along with you have 1 sick day for 3 months they don't pay you covid leave there are literally ZERO benefits besides making good money and even to get to this site the back office gives you the run around 10 times we cannot get the equipment we want or need. back office is very poorly ran.
Vorteile
high hourly wage (at one site)
Nachteile
no benefits, no PTO till after a year
Arbeitskultur
This site in Reston could be great but there is a lot of favortism. We deal with a lot of threatening situations at our hospital site and managers and supervisors benefit friends or veteran staff(which all have only been there for less than a year or few months). Supervisors are constantly late like 1-2 hours late and sit in the office all night while we’re dealing with threatening situations and body transfers. This place is crazy. The money is okay but not enough for what you deal with. I reccomend going to another site but this site is easy to get into if you want your foot in the door. The HR process is atleast 3-4 weeks so be prepared
Vorteile
Some freedom and no sitting posts. Not too much micromanagement
Nachteile
Difficult situations, not much support, Everyman for the self
Arbeitskultur
Good level flow standards management is doing good at balancing everything with I recommend others to join Need sponsorship to Canada proud of you
Vorteile
Good
Nachteile
Normal
Arbeitskultur
Very easy going and easy job fun feel very comfortable working for G4S. Cool employees, team up for a better performance of duty. I highly recommend G4S.
Yes some places
Nachteile
Long breaks, health care, etc...
Arbeitskultur
Good environment, Really good with their pay If you are ready , you can make really good money with this company They treat u right and fair , u can’t ask for more
Arbeitskultur
G4S is a huge company, with a wide range of assignments. Job satisfaction depends largely on worksite. I worked PT, as a Flex Officer. I had a primary work site, but I would occasionally be asked to work another location to fill in for an absentee. Primary thing I didn’t like about working for this company is that they were always shorthanded, single threaded, and if your relief did not show up, which was very common, then you would have to remain at your post. I worked mostly at a gigantic warehouse which ships by mail order. Usually my particular assignment was screening the warehouse employees as they went through the metal detectors during their lunch, morning and afternoon breaks, and at the end of the day. Another assignment I had at this worksite was standing on the warehouse floor, watching the various doors to the loading docks. it was very boring, with no cellphone (strictly forbidden) to help pass the time. Work not too difficult, but not enough mental stimulus for me.
Nachteile
Always short handed. Have to remain at your post because your relief decided to call out sick
Arbeitskultur
I work with them for more than 10 years even though the management has bad attitude towards staff, if you can demonstrate that you have a tick skin, then you can keep on working
Vorteile
Your team mate are the best you have.
Bad management, Don't care attitude