Bewertungen für GameStop

Alle 7.861 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
Work place culture
Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Rancho Cordova, CA20. September 2019
Stock up game cases,price changing,helped out costumers with their questions, stocking accessories
Good people to work with
A very good work environment
No career advancement
Game Advisor/Sales Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Moses Lake, WA19. September 2019
You get 3 hours a week at most if you aren't a manager. Unless you really get along with manager there is no career advancement. I wouldn't really recommend working here if you depend on a consistent pay check to survive.
Fun Environment
Seasonal Game Advisor (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL19. September 2019
I enjoyed my time working at game stop because i have a passion for playing video games myself. So it was second nature to recommend or up sale merchandise because of how thrilled i was for the products that would be released.
By far my favorite job.
Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fresno, CA19. September 2019
I could open and close the store in under 20 minutes I got extremely good at this job. I got laid off because of a merger happening so they were cutting back on labor.
Arbeitskultur
Productive,Fun, and great for learning
Sales Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bardstown, KY19. September 2019
It may be seasonal but I learned a lot from the Job I also would love to work there again if it was full time. Also the culture there is great no wearing full on suits all you have to wear is gaming shirts which inspires the culture of what they do which is sales into gaming.
Amazing
Game Advisor (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bluefield, WV19. September 2019
It wasnt a job. More like coming to a second home. Being an avid gamer myself it was always wonderful to come to work and do what i loved. Even talking with the customers was a learning experience with so many aspects of that job.
4,0
Arbeitskultur
Its a easy job without that much stress or drama
GSA (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Odessa, TX19. September 2019
All it is , putting games on the self while making sure the customer is token care of while making sure they are happy with their experience and with the game
Arbeitskultur
Cruddy company, Great people.
Guest Advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Clinton Township, MI19. September 2019
Unless you are a manager or key holder, you won’t get many hours at all; maybe one shift every other week.
The company sucks though.
The people at the stores however are great, they know what they are talking about most of the time.
Arbeitskultur
Super nice employees and managers, fair with time off
Seasonal Sales Associate (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Albemarle, NC19. September 2019
A typical work day was, coming in, clock in, if it is a slow day, go through and sort the games on the shelves. Greet customers as they walk in, Help them with anything they need.
Vorteile
Nice managers and employees
Short Breaks
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Provincia di Brescia, Lombardia19. September 2019
Fun workplace if you like videogames culture, sometimes the warehouse can be a mess and in these cases it's difficult to do your job. the hardest part of the job is to deal with moms that don't even know the names of videogames for their sons
Nachteile
That doesen't have pros working there
Arbeitskultur
Crummy hours and high demands
Game Advisor (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Grossmont, CA19. September 2019
If you like having a lot of free time then GameStop giving you an average of 4 hour shifts 8 total a week, then it's great. If you're trying to make a livable wage it's not worth it. The high demands to reach membership and pre-order goals were stressful to meet, especially if someone cancelled a pre-order and it would count against you and make your numbers look bad. Then you were considered "not trying." The only time I got more than 8 hours per week was when it was holiday season and man-power was more needed.

The only thing that made working there manageable were the co-workers. If a customer was about to cancel their game pre-order (which would lower your numbers) a co-worker would step in and cancel it so that only theirs were affected if they had much higher results than you.
Arbeitskultur
Bad
Floor Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Ponca City, OK18. September 2019
Not the greatest work experience in my life barely had any hours I worked 1 to 2 days a week and that was not enough for me good environment though just hated not working enough.
Utterly terrible
Sales Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Boston, MA18. September 2019
Corrupt, broken, with horrible upper management. They push the Circle of Life so hard they will encourage you to sell things to people who don't understand what they are buying. You feel like your working at a used car lot.
Workplace culture
Seasonal Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  New York, NY18. September 2019
As a seasonal associate at GameStop I learned how to work in a team as a family. Everyone was respectful to each other. We all helped each other in each way we could.
Arbeitskultur
Great culture for development.
Regional Director (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Florida18. September 2019
I learned many skills in leading people. Fast-paced, results-driven environment. Lots of rewards and challenges every day to keep the job exciting and fun
4,0
Working conditions.
Game Advisor/Sales Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Eagle Pass, TX17. September 2019
The store was small, the workers were few, yet we had to help about 3 different ,smaller, cities and still didn't make enough hours.
Yet working around others with the same -if not similar- interests was also a good way for everyone to get along better.
Vorteile
Had a decent discount for employees.
Nachteile
The hours and pay were horrible.
Arbeitskultur
Gamestop needs better employer-worker relationships
Downey Landing - Sales Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Downey, CA17. September 2019
Horrible. No room to grow. Many opportunities for promotions within but they always chose outside when manager on duty would promise promotion. Very inconsiderate with their relationships with their workers and request unreasonable sells numbers on limited hours.
poor service and envoirment
Floor-Salesman (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Roseville, CA17. September 2019
would never go back even as a customer. had you as new hire pass out flyers on the stores busiest day instead of helping customers asking me for help. for 13 hrs. on black Friday. I deem this highly unprofessional I have had jobs my first day I was almost put in charge of the store and for anybody to be treated like this on there first day is beyond unbelievable.
Arbeitskultur
Only a high school/college job
Senior Guest Advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Kingwood, TX17. September 2019
Gamestop as a company is not an ideal place to work. Only work here if you do not have many bills to pay. I have worked here for 5 years and have moved into management and I get paid less than $10 an hour. They will not give you a raise. The only real benefit of working at gamestop is when you become a store manager. It is a fun environment if you like to talk video games and have a passion for them, but as a career, Gamestop is as low as you get.
Arbeitskultur
Piles on responsibilities on store employees with little to no compensation in payroll
Store Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  West Allis, WI17. September 2019
While the stay of my employment with gamestop was very informative and helped me grow much as a sales person and as a person in general, I am glad that I left when I had. The upper management at the company has a serious disconnect with the store level employees, and will only continue to pile on more and more responsibilities onto their store leaders and management teams without any real compensation for the amazing work their workers put into their stores.
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei GameStop. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage