Bewertung für Roche als Scientist

22 Bewertungen stimmen mit dieser Suche überein. Alle 1.650 Bewertungen ansehen
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
Arbeitskultur
A great team with a greater teamwork.
Case Investigation and Resolution (CIR) Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  CIR office9. Oktober 2018
My time there has been great! Very helpful people. The guidelines lead your overall workflow but it allows for individual input as well from time to time. The office is a very inclusive place and I am happy to have been a part of it.
Arbeitskultur
Nice to place to work but mostly internal hiring.
Validation Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Indianapolis, IN27. Juni 2018
I was a contractor and there were no positions to be hired permanently. Mostly internal hiring and promotions. Pay was good as a contractor. Location and facility in impressive.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1NeinMelden
Warning to all scientist
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Pleasanton, CA2. Juni 2018
Do not work at Roche. Management is the biggest issue here as they do not care about the scientific process, and only care about valid results. Projects frequently fail or get canceled. Nobody seems to ask scientific questions but instead looks for people to blame. If you want to work at a company where you can grow as a scientist, this is not the environment for you.

Any scientists job can be replaced by a liquid handler, and management would prefer this. I have been in meetings where directors and department heads openly joke about this. It is rare for a contract scientist to get converted full time, as you are seen as expendable. I know contract scientists that have been on projects for 3 years and were let go indiscriminately.

Management is the biggest issue at Roche. None of the directors or department heads truly care about the science being conducted. Projects are not managed correctly, scientists are not properly trained, and any lab project is always in crisis mode.

It does not surprise me that Roche is not doing great as a company. Their competitors are making more breakthroughs in diagnostics, manufacturing, and scientific discovery. Roche is still trying to play "Catch-Up" with Illumina, Bio-Rad, and Thermo Fisher. This strategy is not going well for them
Great People.
Nachteile
Everything else is Trash.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1NeinMelden
Great
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Belleville, NJ28. April 2018
A spectacular place to work in my day. A fine company to this day. Technical advancements, new policies, a strong company backing, no one really needs a description of what Roche can provide.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Roche cares about their employees
Principle Scientist I (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Pleasanton, CA26. Dezember 2017
Roche does a great job taking care of their employees. They really value them. Management isn't that communicative. Good science, but it can be slow paced.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Productive and stimulating work environment
Scientist, Radioisotope Group (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Nutley, NJ11. Dezember 2017
Working at Roche from 2003 to 2009 was mostly productive and stimulating working environment. The management (lab heads/project leaders) were mostly good but the pay scale seemed a bit skewed towards upper management.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 2Melden
Great working environment
Process Scientist I (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Santa Clara, CA11. Dezember 2017
Nice people, nice managers. People work very collaboratively. New things and interesting discussion everyday. Can really learn a lot of useful techniques here.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Nutley, NJ10. Oktober 2017
A lot of work, but mever under a lot of stress. Had to meet deadlines however I and my coworkers were never pushed, and never put under undue stress..
Relaxed environment
Short breakes
Very bad atmosphere, kept me a temp for 9 years
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Branchburg, NJ18. Juli 2017
When I started working for Roche (under Adecco, and later under ProUnlimited) it was a wonderful work environment, although they didn't pay much, had little or no benefits, and weren't hiring their temps.

Three or four years ago our department had a change in management and the climate changed overnight--several people were fired, many of them quit, and those that stayed either became very competitive or were trampled upon. Dirty office politics became the norm, and I was actually afraid to go to work for a long time because of how I was treated. I was actually relieved when they didn't renew my contract last year.

Still, that was just my department, other departments might be different. And to be fair they were hiring lots of fresh-out-of-college temps when I left, using them to replace older folks who had been working there for a while.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 2Melden
Excellent work environment
Assay development scientist (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Pleasanton, CA10. März 2017
Roche is an excellent company to work for. Great atmosphere and creative and brilliant employees work with. Work culture is also very enjoyable and motivational. Great campus and overall fun place to work at.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 2Melden
great place to work
Scientist (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Branchburg, NJ13. Oktober 2016
Roche is a great place to work. They have a clear direction as to where they are going and want to be. They are very supportive of your career goals whether with the company or not.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
good and fun experience to work
Pharmacovigilance Scientist level I (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Mumbai, MH19. August 2015
learned management skills to improve bussiness and process.
learned and applied my knowledge to improve process complaince
Productive and Engaging Project, Vibrant Co-workers
Visiting Scientist + Consultant (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Basel, Switzerland17. Juni 2015
Developing an in-silico computational model of retinal cholesterol dynamics for use in developing strategies for the treatment of dry age-related macular degeneration.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 10Nein 13Melden
disorganized management
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Pleasanton, CA30. April 2015
don't like the environment in culture collection; some people trying to take control and a lot of politics; no space for advancement
monthly social
seminar every week
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Great place to work, but I am looking for a change now.
Scientist (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Branchburg, NJ30. August 2014
People are very nice to work with. Great training program for new employees.
Vorteile
Lunch and Learn provided by the company to increase employees knowledge.
Nachteile
Some days goes very stressful due to nature of the work.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 4NeinMelden
Good Company
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Pleasanton, CA18. August 2014
A good company to work for with good benefits. I learned a lot from this company, but I now want to be in an environment where I will have direct contact with patients,
Good Pay
Hard to advance
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 2Melden
Arbeitskultur
Nice place to work while it lasted.
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Nutley, NJ3. März 2013
Great co-workers and manager. My group worked hard and manager appreciated it. However, entire site will eventually close due to mostly financial reasons.
Arbeitskultur
good place for research and work
Assay Development Scientist (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Nutley, NJ23. August 2012
great scientists, great working enviroment, pretty campus, many supports from different departments.
A major pharma company
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Belleville, NJ20. August 2012
A genuine thrill to work at, a solid company, well led, good compensation.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Fun place where everybody was treated like a celebrety
Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Belleville, NJ26. April 2012
Great company to work for. Best productive years were the ones I had while at HLR.
values its people
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Roche. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage