Steve Madden

Bewertungen nach Kategorie

3,5Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
Alle 691 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.

Fun workplace

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
Working at Steve Madden was always a fun time, with a fun and active environment and co-workers who always had a positive attitude. It did test my patience a few times when there were some customers that were difficult to deal with, but that's just the world of retail and sales. I enjoy working there.

Fun workplace

Management left a lot to be desired, favoritism was a real issue, especially when it came to getting promoted. The work was typical customer service, and the environment was trendy and fast paced.

Free Lunches, Employee discount

Short breaks, Management

I love my job

SM is a great place to work. The work is hard and there’s never a dull moment, but the people are great, the company gives excellent benefits and I would say the pay is ok- With rising inflation, its not longer great. Daily culture is amazing, and the perks and benefits are great. I have never felt so comfortable and happy with my coworkers, which is extremely important. There are obviously some cons as every job has them no matter how much you like where you work, but the pros outweighs them for me. I would definitely recommend.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

toxic work environment, horribly mismanaged company.

i’ve never worked at a more toxic, disorganized place ever. management is dysfunctional, and are sales hungry to the point where they blatantly disregard safety and ethics. head office dumps skids upon skids daily, leading to boxes hazardously everywhere. the brand isn’t a hot commodity as it once was, styles are either dated or knock offs of popular brands. instead of addressing product design issues, they pressure the stores to meet periodic sales numbers. which only trickles down from management to everyone else, which leads to corners being cut to do so. they champion themselves on being “fast paced”, but really it’s just disorganization and scrambling chaos. everyone is out for themselves, and will throw each other under the bus to either lookgood or absolve themselves from being blamed for a mishap. as a result, there’s absolutely no accountability; even from management when these situations arise. i’ve personally been on the wrong end of this multiple times. they understaff to cut salary, and try to squeeze more work out of the limited staff they do hire. the store is an absolute joke, avoid this company like the plague.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Fun place to work at, great team

Fun n good Atmosphere! Great team n healthy work environment . Have been learning a lot! Would have loved if they provided formal training to all the employees

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Excelente ambiente laboral dentro de toda la empresa en todos los puestos y tiendas

Una buena empresa, pero el encargado de SM méxico es ignorante y nefasto, no tiene idea del manejo de la empresa, de ahí en fuera, la mayoría de gerentes, supervisores y jefa de supervisiòn son super accesibles.El problema es que por el horario no da mucho tiempo de tener vida social.

Prestaciones

Nachteile

El horario laboral y los eventos

Good workplace

They are extremely flexible with the schedeuls and work alongside you to accommodate any of you needs. The management is good and it is a nice place to work at.

Discounts off shoes

not guaranteed hours

Worst Place to work

The worst company you could ever work for, no support, everything is a mess no communication, no understanding, very shady and untrustworthy ppl, everyone is out for themselves, they expect the most from you but want to give you the least in return

Good workplace

I enjoy Working here, it’s a good amount of hours and the people are friendly. The manger is good and they are very flexible as long as you let them know ahead of time

Terrible environment

Steve Madden market mall is a poorly ran environment. There was absolutely no training from day one and anything you did wrong was an immediate punishment. You had to bother other employees to learn the basic tasks. Don’t bother asking to take a day off if you are sick because you will receive demeaning texts from your manager. Employees were quitting every week, I never once worked with the same staff for the three months I worked there.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Management was a bit toxic and rude

Management was a bit toxic and rude was overworked you had to meet sales goals and little pay good thing was the discounts and free shoes worked here February 2021 - June 2021

Very fun

They had long hours during the holiday season a lot of standing and you had to pay attention because people would take shows very fast paced because of the amount of people that would come in
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Productive and fun work environment

Very easy and laid back job. Daily/weekly sales goal. Great management and team effort from all employees. I enjoyed interacting with customers and engaging in conversation regarding upcoming events, etc, in order to help the customer find the perfect shoe(s) for the occasion.

Great employee discount.

Short breaks

Cruel Management

The Scarborough store management is cruel and will purposefully get you to quit!!! They are all bunch of jealous woman who pretend to be nice and honey you all the time. LOL.

A good job

It's a good job for entry into retail. It has good training and pay could be better. You will work hard and sometimes long hours and overall its a good job.

Overall, I love it!

Never worked at a job that feels more like family then anything. My second day of work my car just stopped on the highway,idk what happened it just stopped. I called my manager, she came instantly. Also made sure I check on my car and that everything was okay with me. When I stay they care they care. My manager was big on helping everyone and making sure everyone helped everyone, yes we had a sales goal to make but we still made sure each other was okay. I hate I had to leave.#myforeverhome

hello

the jon is good. the manager is good and the people that work there is good its just that sometimes it can be very far from where i work so it wasnt good for me but otherwise it is nice

Fast-Paced

Was a an okay experience sometimes co-workers would be rude but overall an okay experience, would recommend if your new to retail. Management was okay.

Management was very nice

I enjoyed working here, everyone was nice and very helpful, actually showed me instead of just telling me while i was in training. The only thing was the pay was too low for the amount of work I was doing, but other than that I would've stayed with the company.

Fast paced and fun!!

Steve Madden here is fast paced but the team is what makes it worth it. Never one day is dull and it’s really rewarding meeting new people everyday!!!
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Doesn't care about employees just numbers

It was a very toxic work environment. Promotions go to the regionals/ district manager favorites not for talent. Hard to promote after store manager position, and extremely hard to get raise, they will find one metric and use that as a reason to not get raise even if you are succeeding in all other categories. Personally I was told about hiring employees about not having the company look and was opening talking about botox, lip fillers, lash extensions, and getting hair done. This company is the reason I left retail after working in the field for years. If you are thinking about working here do not do it!

Vorteile

50% off product, free shoes twice a year, easily expands professional network.

Nachteile

Time off is not respected, mean girl type corporate management, Like being in high school, regional manager gossips about store managers to other manager.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Steve Madden. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung