Swift Transportation

Bewertungen nach Kategorie

2,7Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
Alle 4 254 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.

Very intense work environment

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
I learnt quite a lot while in the company. However, there was not enough diversity in the company. Most of the workers were from India. The Contractors were treated as second class citizens.

Free drinks

Micro-management of employees
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

What is the best part of working at the company?See the country What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Planning trips when you weren’t taught during training What is the work environment and culture like at the company?You’re just a number to themWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Driving to meet delivery times

No complaints

No complaints swift transportation company based out of Laredo is as good as any other company to work for it has ups and downs not horrible not great

Pre emploment

Got down to my last step and hair follicle test came back negative. Felt like it was a bluff and a stand off with my hands tied I havent smoke in years!! Been working never had a problem And I have long dreads they test hair not roots just cut any part of it was crazy it kinda knock the drive out me when you know your clean it wasn’t even a thought or I wouldn’t have waste my time even asked for a blood test no replay file closed. That was tough and unfair I felt but learned with dreads don’t even waste your time.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

What is the best part of working at the company?People are friendlyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long shiftsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not family orient What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very long

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Great company friendly staff They work well with you has its ups and downs as any other job. Great for a person not wanting to go OTR anymore. Hardest part of the job is getting some Walmart stores to unload you in a timely manner
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Productiv and fun work place

Good working place with good management and friendly environment, good price work... there's no pressure during the working hours and you can work in your own time

Stepping stone

Work here to get your CDL, then bail as soon as possible. You will have to pay them back for leaving before the year is up, but you will make twice as much money pretty anywhere else you go.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Ok as a place to start off

Been with swift for 15 years. 5 as a company driver and 10 as an owner. Plenty of fright that will keep you rolling with plenty of support from dispatchers Money isn’t great is my only negative.

Work

Not enough miles a week. Need better planners and dispatchers. And better trucks and trailers that aren't broken done all the time. And better communication with drivers.

Ok

Swift is ok to began your career as a driver. The money is decent, but the routes are trash. Home time they’re stingy with, it’s almost like you have to bully your way home.

Eh

It’s okay to start out at you get a good starting pay for training and for about 6 months after that and then after that you are in your own. It’s not too bad of a place too work but it’s nothing special.

They lie about the pay

They’ll tell you $1,000 guaranteed a week with no forced dispatch but you’ll lose the guaranteed pay when you refuse a second load! If you don’t run a second load they will cut your miles down. They will start you out working 6 days a week with 1 day off, when other people around you are doing the same job and getting a 5 and 2.

Vorteile

None, your daily home time is limited.

Low pay, long hours

Trailer Trash Company

Do not work for Swift Intermodal. Straight up trailer trash division. Management does not know their head from their tale. Don't waste your time. You'll spend most of your time looking for empty trailers which you do not get paid to pull.

None.

Too many to count.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

What is the best part of working at the company?Lots of miles . Competitive rates per mile very professional.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Never no stress. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Professional and friendlyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Traveling across the United States
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

They keep you busy running and its an easy job

They had good benefits and pay. But was a crash course once your there. Learn as you go. They dont tell you everything you need to know, so your constantly on the phone asking what you need to do.

Vorteile

Excellent pay if your willing to work.

Nachteile

Random start times. Dont get all the information once you show up as far as do's and don't's

Surprisingly good

Some of us just want to work all the time and get paid for their efforts. I never intended on staying at Swift but so far and has been satisfactory. You have to do a bit of research to find out what Lane to pick that fits what you're trying to do. Newer equipment, friendly management, don't ask me about home time.

Everything Is Disconnected

A typical day at work is 16 hours. I learned time is valuable. Management is something company's other than Swift have. The culture is open boarders. The hardest part of the job was knowing what to believe. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking away.

Easy money

Most major carriers have these sweetheart come home everyday jobs. People just have to ask around. Don’t be afraid to ask Driver Manager for help in finding them.

Work/Home life

I was mostly happy with this company, some days I regret leaving but we all look for greener pastures. I worked OTR and the target accounts which was very profitable during my time there until the account was lost.

Pay, hometime

Condition of trailers

It's OK but Nights are rough

Lots of work and hours but it wears you out when driving at night most if the loads are night the drivers with assigned trucks always get dibs on day loads
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Swift Transportation. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung

3,0 von 5 Sternen für Unternehmenskultur
  • Unternehmen
  • Swift Transportation
  • Bewertungen
Verraten Sie uns, wie wir diese Seite weiter verbessern können?
Was würden Sie hinzufügen oder ändern?