Bewertung für Tesla als Material Handler

78 Bewertungen stimmen mit dieser Suche überein. Alle 2.078 Bewertungen ansehen
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
A Challenging Environment with Poor Time Management
Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV14. Juni 2019
Saying you work with Tesla - at any level and location - is a guaranteed conversation-starter. There is no denying that the vision and the culture of novelty throughout the company are infectious.

However, it's best not to set yourself up for disillusionment: an open mindset and a modicum of intelligence will enable you to learn a variety of skills on the job. But a 12 hour shift is not for everyone, and can be a grind on even the most resilient workers.

I've enjoyed my co-workers since starting, and we are all able to look out for each other. But that said, supervisors and management are not particularly adept with communication, and this has resulted in a steady stream of borderline-unrealistic expectations being placed on employees and on leads - we are asked to do a great deal with insufficient resources and with talent/manpower acquisition lagging months behind where it should be.

This in turn makes an already long work day - and an innately difficult work-life balance - unnecessarily more difficult. Overtime - often of the mandatory kind - has become a common means of fulfilling unexplained production goals. Even absent an active social or family life outside of work, this has lead to unreasonable demands on our time and to physical and psychological exhaustion.

While the source of these problems is likely because of a lack of stability and oversight from further up in the company's corporate leadership, the end result is invariably burnout and a breakdown of work-life balance.

Pros:
+ Decent starting pay and benefits
+ Good co-workers
+ Learning opportunities
  mehr...
+ Good off-time schedule (on paper)

Cons:
- Excessive reliance on overtime by management
- Degrading work-life balance
- Poor communication between supervisors/managers and employees and leads
- Opportunities for pay raises and/or promotions fleeting at best
  Weniger
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNeinMelden
Material handler
production control material handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA24. Mai 2019
Worked 12hr shifts overtime all the time great place to work at wish management knew what they were doing at times over all had a great experience and knowledge I learned there.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Do not work here if you have a family
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bethlehem, PA18. Mai 2019
Worked here briefly. The hours are long and it's boring and repetitive work. The warehouse is small and the system is ridiculously slow. There are a lot of safety concerns, but they are brushed off. Inventory is a joke. There are employees that have been there for 2 years and have yet to see a raise or promotion. There is definite favoritism. There are leads that will follow you around to make sure you are working. God forbid you take a bathroom break! Management is not sympathetic or understanding of employees with families and especially single mothers. They do not care about you, it's all about numbers.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 4Nein 1Melden
Busy
Powertrain Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA17. Mai 2019
Managers can widely depend, I am fortunate with mine. Culture is working hard, and a lot. Overtime can be mandatory. Prepare to work a lot, with random shut downs
good OT
Nachteile
lots of work, that can be repetative
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
unexpectedly fantastic place to work!
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV5. Mai 2019
good physical labor with a company that is going to change the world! ability to pick shifts that fit with your lifestyle, and 12 on for 3 days in a row or 4 days in a row give you plenty of time for life outside of work. GREAT management on shift D!
Vorteile
pay, onsite cafeteria, great people, schedule
Nachteile
shifts take getting used to
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2Nein 1Melden
Experience
Material Handler Trainer (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Lathrop, CA29. März 2019
Great environment, management its always there for you, everything its super easy its only up to you if you want to go above and beyond the expectations, you can learn inbound and outbound in 1 moth.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 7NeinMelden
My thanks to Tesla
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA27. März 2019
I have no complaints regarding Tesla. I will thank them everyday for opportunity they have given me. I'm grateful for the steady paycheck and enjoyed working along side many terrific people.
Consistent work load
short breaks
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Great pay, but not worth the toll from stress.
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV25. März 2019
The pay was great, but the hours were brutal. It always seemed like I was the only one in my department taking their brakes on time and covering for everybody else. I felt unappreciated and ignored by upper management. Very immature work environment with little regard for safety.
Pay
Everything Else
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5Nein 1Melden
Not long term
Material Handler & Production Associate (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV13. März 2019
Working here at first was great a year ago. You do the same thing over and over and over and over AND OVER! If you don’t mind that then it’s all for you but depending on what you do. As a material handler you generally do a lot of walking. As a production associate you tend to stand in the same area generally speaking. I had a great supervisor at first and then when I switch my position and shift to change it up my supervisor was awful and I felt like they had no experience in the past. It’s really luck of the draw. You get paid pretty well and the benefits are great but other than that the job personally sucks after so long. Also literally ANYONE can work here you can have face tats crazy hair whatever they don’t care you will get hired.
Pay, benefits
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5Nein 1Melden
2,0
Arbeitskultur
All depends where you apply, uniforms I only had one,
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA13. März 2019
They pay it’s okay, but if you are good at your job they, won’t level you if they can’t find someone to do your job or keep up,
They want you to fallow safety but they don’t reinforce it, and if your job it’s at a fast pace and if you slow down cause you gotta fallow safety, they go after your lead or supervisor.
there it’s no good communication between other departments, the other department think that your job it’s easy but they don’t bug in learning your responsibility or assis.
Not a lot of team players,(except like 35%out of your team)
And they do a lot of false hope when you are in the interview, ask any tesla employee , they will tell you there experiences.
Good benefits
Nachteile
They will try to force you to use your p.t.o
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Newark, CA9. März 2019
Very high pace and accurate. Meet so many diverse people. They come and go. A lot quit every week because they cannot handle the fast pace. I like it because time went quickly because your always busy.
Nothing is free
Great management team.
Young Crowd.
Really good work schedule
Great benefits
traffic is the only downfall to working here
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6Nein 1Melden
2,0
A House of Cards
Material Handler/Buffer Controller (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV1. März 2019
I was employed with the company for a year and have seen a large number of people come and go. This was either due to Tesla hiring literally anyone off the street that could pass a background check, or people becoming fed up with the disorganization, poor management, or poor leadership that goes on at the gigafactory. The recruiters and other associates you will listen to at orientation have little to no idea what’s is going on, and if they think they do it is because they are going based off of outdated experience within the company. They will try to paint you a pretty picture of what it is like to work at the gigafactory, but take that with a grain of salt. This is a corporate job through and through and is ran like one. The disorganization and lack of experience in management is astonishing. They do not know nor understand how the departments they are responsible for function, and they have absolutely no interest in trying to learn when issues arise that require their immediate attention. They will simply kick the can down the road so someone else could be held responsible. Training is a joke and you will have to rely on yourself or a trusted coworker for help. I had to correct a training document put together by someone well above my pay grade because It contained incorrect information. Had it been followed someone could have gotten seriously injured. Attendance is a very controversial subject. There is a strict policy currently in place which every supervisor is supposed to use and implement amongst their team. That is not the case however, as they will pick and choose  mehr... who to enforce these rules on. There is a large amount of people who work here, and that will work in the same department as you when you are off. This leads to work areas constantly changing and tools needed on certain aspects of the job to become misplaced making it very inconvenient and difficult to work. There is no efficient communication amongst differing shifts and everyone wants to do things their own way. This was extremely stressful while trying to conduct projects that were implemented by a higher up on shift, because the progress made on one shift would be completely different, changed, or wiped while you were off by another shift. There is also not enough equipment for everyone to use (forklifts, pallet jacks, reach trucks etc.), even though there is what looks like to be a pick and pull of these sitting outside in a dirt lot. The newness and lack of experience this place shows is evident, and I am unsure when Elon himself will see what is going on and make the appropriate changes necessary for the sake of his company. If you can put up with all of the tomfoolery that goes on here, apply with caution.  Weniger
Compensation, Benefits, Friendly coworkers, Diversity
Management, Politics, Traffic, Delusional
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 12NeinMelden
Horrible place
material handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA27. Februar 2019
The money is good but the people are not worth working there. Bad environment, smoke everywhere from the robots wielding the metal. Bad for your lungs, if someone work there for a long time, god help them. Miserable place to work.
Free food
stressful
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Material Handler/ Parts advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA8. Februar 2019
Management needs HELP!!! Bonuses were good. Sucks that layoffs are happening more now. If your able to hold the job with a great team and managers it's the best place you can work for.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 7NeinMelden
Powertrain Dept
Lead Material Handler /Production Control Level 3 (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA20. Jänner 2019
Powertrain is the main backbone of the company. Electrics, SuperChargers, Gen 2/3, Packline, Modules, SDU, Inverters, LDU Enclosures, Spine/Auxilary Stators and Repack Area are all great sections to the departments.
Work is constant
Weekends are off and on
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 2Melden
Wtf
Material Handler (Production Control /Model 3) (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA18. Jänner 2019
Upper management shows favoritism over hard work for advancement within. All leads do nothing but point fingers and take credit for others' hard work. They constantly cut days off of you shift.
benefits, stocks
management, leaders, salary
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 8NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
The idea and product are wonderful concepts. Its exciting to be part of the future.
Contracted material handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks nv27. Dezember 2018
Management lacks and supervisors have too many people for you to even really know your supervisor. At Tesla, its who you know or who you date. Not based on hard work or knowledge or interest in learning more. The harder you work the more likely you will be stuck and type cast there forever, as there is alot of hard jobs no one wants to do. Chauvenist behavior is fairly common. So beware do a hard job well and its all youll do. As far as concern for your health and safety well toss that out a window. Its all new territory and osha doesn't have set rules for what you do. They even rewrite manufacturer instructions for operations to suit there needs. So good luck. This place is definately for suck ups and brown nosers to suceed. Not those truely dedicated to working hard, staying safe and want to be noticed by their work ethic and achievement. Leads are lazy and alot of them shouldnt be leads they dont lead they relax and have their buddies watch the rest of us do all the work. Now this could be one bad lead and one bad experience within the enormously large company. Im going to go back into production this time and hope as a tesla employee I will have a much better experience. I was there 6 months with my contract being extended 3 times,but had not been interviewed. I was the last girl left on my crew, every other one had quit or been fired. Lots of guys that came after me were already tesla. When I pushed the issue finally because everyones pay was going up except contracted and I needed insurance for my daughter. My supervisors supervisor assured me I would be interviewed by  mehr... end of week. I was then locked out and my badge no longer good. Only to find out I had not one ill remark on my record from Tesla with my hiring agency. The only answer I got was they didnt extend my contract this time. So my assignment ended. I emailed and text my lead and my supervisor only to never hear an answer from any of them. So thats pretty bad and I think explains alot of what I encountered at Tesla as a non protected contracted employee.  Weniger
Vorteile
Snacks and coffee and soda are free.lots of overtime available. teammates do work closely together
Nachteile
Very clicky, lazy leads and supervisors who are out of touch do to overloading.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6NeinMelden
Tesla
MATERIAL HANDLER (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA26. Dezember 2018
Great people to work around with so many diverse cultures, but Many cars including my own were broken in to under the watch of Tesla security, it’s a great place to work but there’s no real job security.
Good people
Too many rules
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 1Melden
balance
Recycling Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA19. Dezember 2018
overall it is not an unpleasant place to work, however the work-life balance is less than ideal for most people who are keen on spending time with their family.
amenitites
hours
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2Nein 1Melden
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Tesla. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage