Bewertung für Tesla als Material Handler

Great management team.
Young Crowd.
Really good work schedule
Great benefits
traffic is the only downfall to working here
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6Nein 1Melden
2,0
A House of Cards
Material Handler/Buffer Controller (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV1. März 2019
I was employed with the company for a year and have seen a large number of people come and go. This was either due to Tesla hiring literally anyone off the street that could pass a background check, or people becoming fed up with the disorganization, poor management, or poor leadership that goes on at the gigafactory. The recruiters and other associates you will listen to at orientation have little to no idea what’s is going on, and if they think they do it is because they are going based off of outdated experience within the company. They will try to paint you a pretty picture of what it is like to work at the gigafactory, but take that with a grain of salt. This is a corporate job through and through and is ran like one. The disorganization and lack of experience in management is astonishing. They do not know nor understand how the departments they are responsible for function, and they have absolutely no interest in trying to learn when issues arise that require their immediate attention. They will simply kick the can down the road so someone else could be held responsible. Training is a joke and you will have to rely on yourself or a trusted coworker for help. I had to correct a training document put together by someone well above my pay grade because It contained incorrect information. Had it been followed someone could have gotten seriously injured. Attendance is a very controversial subject. There is a strict policy currently in place which every supervisor is supposed to use and implement amongst their team. That is not the case however, as they will pick and choose  mehr... who to enforce these rules on. There is a large amount of people who work here, and that will work in the same department as you when you are off. This leads to work areas constantly changing and tools needed on certain aspects of the job to become misplaced making it very inconvenient and difficult to work. There is no efficient communication amongst differing shifts and everyone wants to do things their own way. This was extremely stressful while trying to conduct projects that were implemented by a higher up on shift, because the progress made on one shift would be completely different, changed, or wiped while you were off by another shift. There is also not enough equipment for everyone to use (forklifts, pallet jacks, reach trucks etc.), even though there is what looks like to be a pick and pull of these sitting outside in a dirt lot. The newness and lack of experience this place shows is evident, and I am unsure when Elon himself will see what is going on and make the appropriate changes necessary for the sake of his company. If you can put up with all of the tomfoolery that goes on here, apply with caution.  Weniger
Compensation, Benefits, Friendly coworkers, Diversity
Management, Politics, Traffic, Delusional
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 13NeinMelden
Horrible place
material handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA27. Februar 2019
The money is good but the people are not worth working there. Bad environment, smoke everywhere from the robots wielding the metal. Bad for your lungs, if someone work there for a long time, god help them. Miserable place to work.
Free food
stressful
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Material Handler/ Parts advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA8. Februar 2019
Management needs HELP!!! Bonuses were good. Sucks that layoffs are happening more now. If your able to hold the job with a great team and managers it's the best place you can work for.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 7NeinMelden
Powertrain Dept
Lead Material Handler /Production Control Level 3 (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA20. Jänner 2019
Powertrain is the main backbone of the company. Electrics, SuperChargers, Gen 2/3, Packline, Modules, SDU, Inverters, LDU Enclosures, Spine/Auxilary Stators and Repack Area are all great sections to the departments.
Work is constant
Weekends are off and on
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 2Melden
Wtf
Material Handler (Production Control /Model 3) (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA18. Jänner 2019
Upper management shows favoritism over hard work for advancement within. All leads do nothing but point fingers and take credit for others' hard work. They constantly cut days off of you shift.
benefits, stocks
management, leaders, salary
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 8NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
The idea and product are wonderful concepts. Its exciting to be part of the future.
Contracted material handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks nv27. Dezember 2018
Management lacks and supervisors have too many people for you to even really know your supervisor. At Tesla, its who you know or who you date. Not based on hard work or knowledge or interest in learning more. The harder you work the more likely you will be stuck and type cast there forever, as there is alot of hard jobs no one wants to do. Chauvenist behavior is fairly common. So beware do a hard job well and its all youll do. As far as concern for your health and safety well toss that out a window. Its all new territory and osha doesn't have set rules for what you do. They even rewrite manufacturer instructions for operations to suit there needs. So good luck. This place is definately for suck ups and brown nosers to suceed. Not those truely dedicated to working hard, staying safe and want to be noticed by their work ethic and achievement. Leads are lazy and alot of them shouldnt be leads they dont lead they relax and have their buddies watch the rest of us do all the work. Now this could be one bad lead and one bad experience within the enormously large company. Im going to go back into production this time and hope as a tesla employee I will have a much better experience. I was there 6 months with my contract being extended 3 times,but had not been interviewed. I was the last girl left on my crew, every other one had quit or been fired. Lots of guys that came after me were already tesla. When I pushed the issue finally because everyones pay was going up except contracted and I needed insurance for my daughter. My supervisors supervisor assured me I would be interviewed by  mehr... end of week. I was then locked out and my badge no longer good. Only to find out I had not one ill remark on my record from Tesla with my hiring agency. The only answer I got was they didnt extend my contract this time. So my assignment ended. I emailed and text my lead and my supervisor only to never hear an answer from any of them. So thats pretty bad and I think explains alot of what I encountered at Tesla as a non protected contracted employee.  Weniger
Vorteile
Snacks and coffee and soda are free.lots of overtime available. teammates do work closely together
Nachteile
Very clicky, lazy leads and supervisors who are out of touch do to overloading.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 6NeinMelden
Tesla
MATERIAL HANDLER (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA26. Dezember 2018
Great people to work around with so many diverse cultures, but Many cars including my own were broken in to under the watch of Tesla security, it’s a great place to work but there’s no real job security.
Good people
Too many rules
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 1Melden
balance
Recycling Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA19. Dezember 2018
overall it is not an unpleasant place to work, however the work-life balance is less than ideal for most people who are keen on spending time with their family.
amenitites
hours
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2Nein 1Melden
2,0
Modern Day Slavery
Lead Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA10. Dezember 2018
Unsafe work environments and practices.
No work life balance. Inconsistent work schedules.
Majority of all associates who work at TESLA come from other cities that require 1.5HR - 3-HR commute causing VERY VERY VERY Poor work life balance! should see their parking lot where many TESLA employees sleep and rig their cars and vans to sleep in!
They say getting picked to work at TESLA is harder than getting a pass for Harvard but when you start working their its mostly ex convicts and very very bad picks of talent. im not one to judge! im just saying!
Management is all about numbers and no improvement for safety or quality! I feel like everyone is threatened to lose their jobs at TESLA since the crazy LETS GET THESE CARS OUT CULTURE, that it makes it a bad place to work for! and they just hire anyone people who don't even believe in the mission or know about cars or the automotive industry!

ITS DIRTY INSIDE, VERY UNORGANIZED, USING HORRIBLE PARTS AND PEOPLE WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CARS THAT ARE BUILDING THEM!

HR AND SAFETY PRETEND TO CARE BUT THEY ARE ALL JUST APART OF THE NUMBERS GAME!
Good benefits
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 24Nein 4Melden
typical day at work
Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV5. Dezember 2018
There is a meeting at the beginning of each shift so we are all on the same page and we do a positive group cheer before we get going. Its very busy but not overwhelming like rush rush. To prevent accidents make less to hopefully zero mistakes the vibe is...slow is smooth and smooth is fast . Work is steady so there is no time to twiddle your thumbs but its not a hurry hurry type production like warehouses are.So far I love love love and am honored to be a part of this amazing company
Vorteile
good pay, positive atmosphere, excellent benefits
12 hour shifts on the concrete
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 12Nein 3Melden
Arbeitskultur
A proper work life balance has no palce at Tesla Motors.
Lead Material Handler / Inventory specialist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA14. November 2018
12 hour shifts or more, 5 days a week are extremely grueling. Even more so when you are not properly compensated for your work performance and being a team player is claimed to be of such high a value to the work culture. Punctuality is key to the production business. However, I feel Tesla cares more for hitting numbers than job performance.
Free Cereal, Coffee, pay
Nachteile
Hours, family life, advancement, reviews
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 9NeinMelden
Don’t do it
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA29. Oktober 2018
Corporate capital. That’s what I remember getting referred as when I worked there. I was working six days a week at 16 hours a night. Graveyard shift from Monday night through Saturday night. I didn’t leave me any time for my family. So I had to make the right decision for them.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 9Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Productive and very face paced.
Material Handler- Production Control (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA22. Oktober 2018
I enjoyed working with Tesla, it was a very fast paced, clean, and busy facility. The managers and most employees were responsible and productive as well.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 4Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Productive and challenging workplace.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA21. Oktober 2018
Work Environment is great but also challenging. Work hours are long so you get lots of overtime.Great place to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1NeinMelden
Fun workplace and productive
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV6. Oktober 2018
Overall good people and a really fun place to work. Great people to talk to and lots of new stuff to learn. It can be slow at time but at other times it can be a very fast paced environment to work in.
Free lunches
Short breaks
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5NeinMelden
Tesla workforce
Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Fremont, CA5. Oktober 2018
Working at Tesla I learned how to do production control, shipping and receiving on the docks.. I learned how to manage a team who drove the tuggers and fork lifts using my resources to guide them.
Vorteile
benefits and stock options being a part of the electric car future
Nachteile
Not being able to grow like I would want too
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 7NeinMelden
Horrible management
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Pomona, CA28. September 2018
Run away from Tesla! Don’t fall for the big lie they picture in the interview, management cares more about attitude and personality instead of the actual abilities of the employees, if you fake smile and kiss butt you’ll be loved, coworkers are very nice and helpful, they have meetings twice or three times a day and nothing really get resolved, warehouse is very small and a big mess, the program they use to process the picking and shipping is old and slow leading to a constantly errors which you will blamed on, 10-12 hours at day including Saturdays and it doesn’t matter if you work through a agency or direct hire they still would get rid of you if they don’t like you enough.
Coworkers and benefits
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 10Nein 1Melden
Great work culture
Material Handler (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV12. September 2018
Overall I had a negative experience with Tesla considering that my manager played favorites with other people who did not work as hard some people took advantage of him and in the end I lost my job over people like this
Good pay
Long distance commute
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Very great people to work with all throughout factory, maintain high energy.
Material Handler (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Sparks, NV7. August 2018
A typical work day at work is either very intense, or very relaxing, depending on what part of the factory (Gigafactory 1) you're placed. I've learned that you must ALWAYS be accountable for your contributions in your shifts, meaning it's imperative that you do your part during your shift; otherwise, shifts after yours will struggle in meeting production goals. Management/higher-ups are always very respectful and helpful in satisfying your needs as a worker. Orders are always given directly and clearly, and management are always very encouraging. The workplace culture includes high energy, positive vibes, and strong work ethic. The hardest part of the job would most definitely be getting around the factory... it's HUGE! The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to meet new people in various areas of the factory. My position entails that I'm flexible in my skill-set, meaning that I was able to work in multiple departments. Meeting very intriguing, cultured people everyday is great!
Vorteile
Free breakfast foods, access to microwaves/fridges, on-sight food trucks and cafes
Short Breaks
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 14Nein 1Melden
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Tesla. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage