Bewertungen für Thomas Cook

Alle 1.067 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
The best life overseas with Thomas Cook
iDM Service Manager (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Overseas17. Juni 2019
I started to work with Thomas Cook a few years ago and only wanted to work overseas as a Service Representative for one year.

I am still with the company today in a different role.

Always felt supported and got the opportunity to do different job roles and was able to advance quickly in the job.

I think we have a great company culture thanks to our company values.

The hardest part of the job is being away from your friends and family for a few months a time, but you quickly forget about that when you get up in the morning, the sun is shining and you are sipping a cocktail at the pool on your day off.

The best part of the job is working abroad in our amazing holiday destinations with people that become friends for life. It is an incredible experience that no one will take away from you. It doesn't matter if you do it for one season or if you make a career out of it.

Did I mention the 2 days off yet?! Big advantage and improvement over the years that shows that Thomas Cook values their employees.

Go for it! You won't regret it!
Arbeitskultur
Use to be a great company now horrendous
Travel Consultant (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  United Kingdom16. Juni 2019
This was an amazing company at one point to work for with lots of passion, energy and engagement when I worked for them before and it’s sad to see now that it has been run into the ground. Low pay, poor top level management and lots of bullying from higher management down. They provide basic training not enough to be successful at your job role. The hours they expect you to put in with no reward and they don’t like giving anyone weekend off and dictate to management can never have Monday, Friday or Saturdays off. Bonuses, incentives and commission are really low and most times unachievable and not to mention they always miss pay the incentives in payroll errors.
they change targets and goals posts on a regular occasion and never stick to set targets or agendas. This must be the worst company in Travel to work for now and the non existent HR support for employees as all dealt with via 3rd party HR services.
Nachteile
Low pay, low rewards, working hours, bonuses
A ne pas recommander
Assistante de production (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Nantes (44)15. Juni 2019
Un manque de sérieux et de respect, directeur qui ne rappelle jamais.
Nice experience
travel agency (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Calicut, Kerala9. Juni 2019
Nice experience in thomas cook , i have worked under the department of holidays..And I studied about how to book the airline tickets and I have studied about how to make an itinerary by using voyager app
Arbeitskultur
Not the same company as I started with
Customer Service Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Various9. Juni 2019
In my 17yrs with the company I saw and went trough a lots of changes and unfortunately all for the worst, that is the reason I left.
Shame because when I started it was THE DREAM JOB
Productive and fun workplace
Apprentice Travel Sales Consultant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4. Juni 2019
I worked at Thomas Cook for 2 and a half years. I loved my job, talking about holidays and making peoples dream holidays come true. There was also a difficult side to the job. Sometimes the system would go down meaning I had to act quick in working out payments and dealing a lot with maths. I also had to deal with complaints and different situations e.g. a customer being stuck abroad. Being front of house and dealing with customers face to face meant o had to conduct myself in a certain way to.
Destination knowledge
Please Do Not Work Here.
Apprentice (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Norfolk22. Mai 2019
I imagine this used to be a good company to work for. I completed an apprenticeship and was still given basically no training or education. It is a way for them to get cheap employees, I was then made redundant a couple of months after finishing. Computer systems are old fashioned and constantly crash making day to day tasks e.g. booking a holiday, very difficult. Incentives are non existent mostly and they are often paid wrong. Anything higher than your store manager will not have a clue who you are or even lower themselves to speaking to you whilst visiting stores. The only good thing about working for this company was the colleagues I worked with in my store.
Work colleagues
Everything else
Working at Thomas Cook
Travel Consultant & Foreign exchange Cashier (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear21. Mai 2019
Excellent company to work for been here 18+ years only leaving due to redundancy.
I was primarily a Foreign Exchange Cashier for 16yrs dealing with Customers,
All aspects of Banking,Reconciliation of funds daily.
Ordering Currency.
Knowledge of AML procedures and completed training as and when required as per company guidelines.
Customer Service, speaking to customers,resolving complaints.
Processing Invoices, Tickets Selling all types of Holidays to the public eithe face to face or over the telephone
Staff Discount
removal of incentives
Contact Centre Agent
Customer Service (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire20. Mai 2019
Taking phonecalls

Dealing with complaints

resolving queries

taking payments

lack of progression

training colleagues

experience gained of travel industry
bonus
low pay
Arbeitskultur
Good opportunities to move around the business
Outbound Sales Advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire19. Mai 2019
The working hours aren't great.
Really good progression opportunities.
The discount is great.
Genuinely a fun place to work as long as you don't take it for granted.
canteen, progression, discount
hours
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 1Melden
Excellent Team
Report Analyst (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Toronto, ON16. Mai 2019
The coworkers here were very helpful, and team collaboration was excellent. There were over 275+ agents that we had to deal with patiently and with customers in mind.
2,0
Arbeitskultur
Used to be a great company... made friends for life
Travel Advisor (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  South Yorkshire15. Mai 2019
Poor pay no service recognition
None existent insentives/commission
Always short staffed and sent to other stores to cover
Constantly monitored for minimum wage
Friendships
Poor pay
Average
Travel Consultant (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15. Mai 2019
Friendly staff members, work can be tedious and boring at times, management is not so good. Shift planning is awful. Too many ways to avoid better salary.
Sales incentive
Nachteile
Long Hours, poor management, shift planning is awful.
Arbeitskultur
If this is your dream job- Don’t Thomas Cook It!
Assistant Manager/Customer service manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Kent13. Mai 2019
No training provided.
Short staffed
Will run large stores on two
Very rude area manager
No benefits
Very low pay-min wage even for management
Closing down stores and making people redundant
Store I was working in couldn’t even afford paper.
Discount on holidays but only £100
Nachteile
Bad pay, no training and cut backs.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Great Experience
Cabin Crew (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  London10. Mai 2019
-I really Enjoyed flying around the world ,Interacting and meeting all different types of cultures.
-Learning new Languages
- Learned about self discipline
- Time keeping
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Sales.consultant
Sales Consultant - Full Time (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Richmond7. Mai 2019
I originally loved this job. Made some great sales and learnt so much while working for the company. Unfortunately management is absolutely terrible. Was spoken too rudely on several occasions by the manager of Richmond North Yorkshire. I felt undervalued and belittled by a manager who had no idea what day of the week it was. I think if you have a good manager you will love this job. Sadly they do not take bullying in the work place seriously. Its a shame people are treated this way and nothing is done about it.
Great customers
Managment have no idea
Customer Relationship Executive (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Delhi4. Mai 2019
No Reviews
Very bad experience with this company there is no growth at all and they are giving very low salary packages................................
Good workplace
Retail Sales & Service Manager (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Surrey29. April 2019
- Great people
- Growth of skills & development
- Career/Travel passionate
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 2Melden
Arbeitskultur
The place for exposure and learning.
Travel Consultant -Internship (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Mangalore, Karnataka24. April 2019
The environment is all about travelling and a good place to learn government laws about travelling and other travel documentation. A pleasant place to know about the happening around the world and especially tourist attraction in part around the world.
Fun Place
Assistant Manager - Leisure Travel Outbound (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Pune, Maharashtra22. April 2019
Fun place. Learned a lot here. very supportive supervisors.Strong and helpful human resource team. Learned a lot in various trainings arranged by HR. Thanks to Thomas Cook
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Thomas Cook. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage