Trader Joe's

3,8Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
3 021 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 3 024 Bewertungen ansehen

Good benefits, poor-okay pay, ridiculous cliques.

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
Before I started working there it seemed like a cool place to work. Took almost a month to get hired cause management called back once saying they’d set up interview. Not long into the job I could already see drama. I had an employee joke with me saying “ we tricked you, huh. Making you thinking everyone is cool and nice haha”. I heard it can vary store to store but the cliques were unbelievable. If you did not fit the group leaders expectations then they quickly singled you out. There were some good people but mostly the older ones meaning above 40 years old. Females would take offense to anything and everything an management always took there side. Something management always said is “does not matter what you said or did, it is how it is perceived”. You get paid enough to keep you there for the work. People always getting hurt leaving early for “personal”reasons so work fell on everyone else. Over all okay to place to work and the company takes good care of you. Just the employees and management aren’t great.

Good health insurance.

Nachteile

Employees and management, pay varies by state.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

The wonderful Trader Joe's of yesterday has been replaced by a corporate police state.

Very physically active, team-oriented work. Once a fun place to be, current mgt has turned it into an us vs them culture of surveillance and toxicity. It has become a completely demoralizing experience with bits of light shining through the cracks here and there... and those are the crew members. Like experiencing lots of hypocrisy? Then this is the place for you! It should come as no surprise that TJ stores across the country are beginning to unionize.

Vorteile

Employee discounts, Good for people who like to move their bodies a lot, Wonderful crew members.

Nachteile

Dehumanizing mgt and big greed at the top of the chain, Safety hazards and risk for damaging your body.

Loved working here!

Best job I’ve had. Great people, great atmosphere, great management, flexible, paid time off, good benefits, annual pay raises, retirement. Just a great place to work overall.

I loved it

It was a great experience to start there as a high school student. I had no clue about how to fill tax paperwork and all of that. The supervisors were very patient with me.

Wonderful place to work

This company cares about its employees and it shows in multiple aspects of working there. I like the constant opportunity for growth and knowledge most

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Great pay, no advancement.

You can make really good money at Trader Joe’s. As a manager, “mate” the work / life balance is insane and horrible. There is virtually no career advancement.

Pay and benefits

Nachteile

Horrible work / life and no career advancement.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Fun, fast paced, stressful, physical

Can be a fun place to work if you’re social. Management is hit or miss but overall fun place to work if you’re young and in shape. It’s incredibly physically taxing.

Good job

I liked working there in the early mornings. The customer is nice. A safe place to work and get along with staff. The discount on food in nice. Lots of moving around

Easy going and flexible

It’s a good work environment if you get along with your coworkers or are a neutral person. It is a very physical job but the pay is good and they have very flexible schedules.

omg

it was ok workin there : sometimes ppl were nice other times they were ride8 missed my job in calabash’s though wow what a life what a life hallelujah for.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Toxic management, will ice you out till you quit

Worked for a year at TJs and was admonished frequently for following company guidelines, directives and their stated desired qualities in a TJ employee. The crew member mentality is a sham- it felt like a cult-like culture, wherein they will purport the idea of a work family...but within the same breath push you out if you happen to need any sort of accommodations for a disability or are a student. In both cases, they place the business above you-- a direct contradiction to proclaimed family-work atsmosphere. There are good trader joes, from what I've heard from others working at other places. But, to quote a former manager of mine, "this place is a dream killer. It sucks you in..you end up spending years here because of the promises and culture, but if you ever wanted to be anything more you can't stay here.."

10% employee discount

Nachteile

Toxic management, anti-union tactics, cult-like mentality.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Super fun working as Crew, totally different story as a Mate

I started as a Mate, which is a key holder/supervisor position with loads of responsibility. The pay was good, but the work life balance was non existent. minimum 10 hour shifts, waterfall schedule, and the gossip/Mate toxicity was enough for me to step down after a year and a half (2019-2021). Once I moved in to a Crew position it became such a fun job! I loved changing jobs/positions every hour, working on displays, orders, and other creative projects around the store. If you can get on the opening schedule it is the best schedule ever. Off by 12/1:00, you'll have the whole day to do whatever else you want. Customer service was always a focus but ramped up aggressively in 2021/2022 once the pandemic seemed to calm a bit. I felt extremely lucky being able to ate into a Crew role when being a Mate was no longer the right fit for me. I left the company due to a repetitive work injury, which was pretty devastating. Mates & Managers were always awful about communicating, gossip, talking about Crew, picking favorites etc. which was disappointing but could have just been the store I was at.

Vorteile

Discount, work with fun people, flexible schedule, great work life balance for Crew, great pay & benefits, physical work

Nachteile

Expect body pain & injuries, Mate hours are brutal, Work Life balance for Mate is tough, cliques, favoritism

Fun work place

No complaints! Definitely can be physically demanding, but the pay is great and benefits are good too. Great environment to be in, all the managers and crew members are nice and easy to get along with
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great products, terrible coworkers.

Great products, great pay and great benefits except all the employers smoke the entire time and the break room smells terrible. Weed and cigarette smell.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

The NLC increases access to care while maintaining public protection at the state level. Under the NLC, nurses can practice in other NLC states, without having to obtain
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Production and wisdom work place

I missed it little bit, but the battery room sometimes like 75% or most reach truck is ughh.. to the point of the truck being slow while your working or no trucks at all.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

It's good for a retail job

As far as retail jobs go it's fine. Don't expect to make this a career unless you love the intricacies of groceries. Coworkers and managers can be really fun, but that's a question of luck. I've worked in 2 stores and both were vastly different in terms of work environment.

Vorteile

good pay for a retail job, good medical insurance, store atmosphere is brighter and more inviting than your average grocery store, fun coworkers (varies)

Nachteile

it's a retail job: low pay, boring, repetitive, lack of purpose, pettiness among coworkers

Friendly co workers

Trader Joe's is a fun environment to work in however there is a lot scheduling changes. Your schedule is not the same from week to week. This makes it hard to schedule your life work balance. .

Crew Memeber

Trader Joe's is a unique place to work at and has great culture. You get decent pay and great benefits however it does have its pros and cos as any workplace does.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, other employees are all great. Hours are flexible and pay is just ok. The benefits are comparable to other similar businesses. Good people

Great

Loved everything working here! One of the best to work for! I really enjoyed management and my coworkers. We all really looked out for one another. Miss you guys!
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Trader Joe's. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung