United Nations

Jobtitel
Alle
Standort
Alle
Alle 790 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.
Arbeitskultur
A+ working environment, but tough to get in.

Management can still improve, nut not a place with no rule.

Co-workers can be insensitive, but not the worst in the world.

Working long hours are not paid. It is salaried.

Most enjoyable: interacting with some of the world's brightest mind is an unforgettable experience.
Vorteile
cheap lunch, discount on everything at the UN, etc...
Arbeitskultur
A lot of bureaucracy, but great work-life balance. Management is very obsolete. Hardest part of the job is to not be bored and self motivate to achieve more.
2,0
Arbeitskultur
I work at a Permanent Mission. Other than diplomats, staff is locally hired by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Cons are: low pay, bad work-life balance (no respect for hours on contract), zero benefits (not even health insurance), disorganized management, and lots of bureaucracy.

Pros: international working environment, bilingual work, exposure to the UN and its work.
Exposure to UN Commissions
Arbeitskultur
I wish to go back to work at the United Nations .you learn lots ?work with different nations,work at different countries and have chance to learn new culture,language and have new friends from all over the world.
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
Arbeitskultur
Such a friendly environment everyone so nice and educated. Internship was unpaid. This is pretty bad but if you work hard you can get good recommendation letter.
Arbeitskultur
Good experience to work with United Nations they treated me like a human and my salary was so much better than same were else that’s a good experience for me!
Arbeitskultur
Flexible workplace but below market pay for volunteers. Exposure to lot's of learning opportunities, lots of managers with open door policies, flexible work hours, lots of support
Vorteile
Lots of learning, multi cultural environment, supportive colleagues
Nachteile
Below market pay for volunteers, limited opportunities for growth
Arbeitskultur
In UN, although I worked as an NGO , yet interactions with the decision makers by using all techniques I learned from business and government such as international politics, languages, business operations management (to monitor process, effectiveness, efficiencies) so that I can achieve benefiting others.A place where you can interact with the leading rank of people in different nations. I feel accomplished to have influence on issues that will benefit the whole world. The attitudes and endeavor I had shown can benefit any private enterprise once I get involved with any jobs
Learn incredible experiences.
Short of funding support
Arbeitskultur
Working with UN organization on a day purpose it's like fun, people are friendly, helpful, cooperative. I have learn most of the things at UN working with people, how to work professionally, how to interact with people. Overall working with UN is always a pride.
Arbeitskultur
Effectively, colleagues and supervisors we supported each others co-workers by helping them in solving problems and implementing new professional strategies and practices. Even though these results require further investigation, by taking into account the role played by all subscales of external support in explaining its role. Even though sometimes there was a problem about planning something, we always try to deal with to get a better result. The intricate nature of a work environment can be invigorating and can inspire employees to creatively meet the challenges of the job. On the other hand, many complex work environments can also be susceptible to the damaging effects of workplace conflict. The lack of willingness and/or the inability to effectively manage conflict in the workplace has a detrimental impact on business owners, government organizations, and employees. Unresolved or destructive conflict can cost employers in terms of productivity, sick leave, long-term disability claims, employee resourcefulness, and employee turnover.It is the responsibility of the team leader to ensure that the problem resolution process is successfully implemented on a regular basis when problems arise.
Arbeitskultur
I worked as a consultant for some months and cannot recall any hitches with the staff and management at the place. Fairly well developed work culture and a model multicultural environment . Team work is good and technology is deployed for most of the tasks. Got support from colleagues on how to maintain work and life balance
Vorteile
Multicultural environment with good culture and excellent controls
None Taft I can recollect
Arbeitskultur
Great place, nice experience, the problem is you can't settle with your family with the overseas assignment, due to high security risk, but you meet a lot of great people and good team, members, if you're a family person, this is not for you.
Vorteile
Nice please pay is good .
Nachteile
Overseas assignment no family allowed to joined you. Due to security reasons.
Arbeitskultur
Great people working on issues that truly matter. People are very open to collaboration and teamwork. Once you get in this place, you will never want to leave.
2,0
Arbeitskultur
Organisation not oriented towards innovation
Statu quo, stability, immobilism

Perfect for people who do not like risks and like bureaucracy

Perfect place for women with multiple nationalities and many dependants

Not a place for single professionals (especially men) looking for fluid and innovative place
Arbeitskultur
I have started as communicacion and information technolgy engineer then as procurement officer , Administration , information management and finally conflict resolutionner .
over 20 years experience in UN in various section make us unique in the world in job market .
Nachteile
Vacations, breaks and family visit
Arbeitskultur
I had great experience and exposure working in a diverse environment lots of travel and different assignments.
You must be able to manage time well to meet short deadlines

Most people are open and friendly but at times there is pressure working with senior management and different bodies of the UN

The hardest part was time deadlines with talking points while ensuring coordinated content and approval/feedback

The most enjoyable was travel assignment which allows you to see other countries and cultures

If you are sociable you are able to make great friends internationally.
Vorteile
partial college education reimbursement for children
Nachteile
long hours of work sometimes to meet deadlines and long meetings
Arbeitskultur
Uno crece mucho profesionalmente pero no hay una estabilidad laboral
Muy complicado entrar
Nachteile
Uno aplica pero no te dan feedback
3,0
Arbeitskultur
I enjoyed the work at the UN. To be part of a world organization was a proud point in my working life. Meeting so many different people from all over the world was very rewarding.
Good place to work located in Makati City
Good medical benefits

Day shift. No graveyard.

Contractual basis

Payday once a month - every 25th of the montj
Arbeitskultur
Working with the type of this reputable organization is a pride of concern whereby equality is respected. All rights of humanity is respected and thereby working under one umbrella to achieve the same common goals and values. United nations built me to have and to know the common values of human rights and to respect the voice of every one
Arbeitskultur
A day of work at United Nations is wonderful. At UN there is multicultural, multiple nations work together in a same place. Teamwork is one of our success point. Respect of diversity is one of the key of our success.